FOST works for Total and for third parties. If you need assistance, please feel free to contact us.
- Theorical and exercise training on-site and in our offices
- On-spot training the staff with the handling of the equipment placed at their disposal
- Audit policy on equipments against pollution
- Preventive deployments of equipments during trials
- Response at the time of an accidental discharge
Three types of response
- Supply staff for teaching and advising
- Supply of equipment and staff to deploy it
- Provision of equipment alone
Three scenarios of mobilization
- Response operations for Total
- Activation of convention between the FOST and a third party
- Requisition by the Autorities
The equipment, in boxes, containers or on road trailers, can quickly be dispatched. The localization of the warehouse near the airport of Marseilles Provence and the motorway favors speed of mobilization.
FOST has intervened on multiple pollution by hydrocarbons. Some were related to shipwrecks (tankers (Erika, Prestige) or non tankers (Tricolor)), others with operational sites (refineries, depoits...).
In addition to the response for pollution by hydrocarbons, the FOST takes part in tests of antipollution materials and preventive operations (ex: protection of the boats of the America's Cup). In recent years, FOST has intervened in France, in Spain, and Germany.
Fost in action
FOST can help the industrial facilities to respond effectively to oil spills.
- Assess oil spill risks at the facilities
- Provide advice in the area of contingency planing particulary repanding choice of oil spill response equipment throught:
- Audit of available equipment (quantity, state, etc...)
- Formulation of recommandations on the equipment to be acquired (choice, cost estimate)
- Deliver training courses for the deployment of reponse equipment