One center, two zones
FOST is a "Tier 2" Center.
- An administrative area including:
- A training room with 40 people capacity
- A warehouse (an area of 1300 m²) to store the response equipment materials:
- Booms (4,300 m of various types)
- Dispersants (25 m3)
- Storage tanks
- Aluminium work boat with bow collector
- Inflatable dinghy
- Various logistic resources (trailers,...)
Presentation of the equipment
The spill response equipment provides response on the coastline and in a river.
- Temporary storage tanks
- A semi inflatable work boat
- A work boat with a skimmer
The equipment can be transported easily and quickly by trucks, trains or planes. It is ready to leave in a 24-hour emergency.
This same equipment is regularly controlled within the framework of a program of preventive maintenance. The FOST acquires new equipment to replenish its stocks or to replace the obsolete equipment.